Village Score 8/10
Streetsville Village has a history of almost 200 years, and was founded in 1820. Today, the village is comprised of Vista Heights, Creditview and Riverview. Streetsville has a beautiful and vibrant downtown core along Queen Street, with plenty of charm, community and activity. The connecting neighbourhoods have a very suburban feel, which allows for the best of both worlds.
Streetsville Real Estate Info
Many areas of Streetsville far exceed the budgets of the average family buyer; any areas along the river will cost around the million dollar mark. There are small pockets that are still somewhat affordable for the upper-middle class family, such as Vista Heights, however there is a resurgence in the areas and a lot of the older homes are being bought for tear -down, and many new custom homes are popping up all over the area.
Your Typical Neighbour in Streetsville
Streetsville was always ideal for the professional family who wants suburban living with easy access to Downtown Toronto (via the Streetsville GO station). Creditview and Riverview boast very large upscale homes, while Vista Heights is a mix of 50’s modest homes and newer remodels. Real Estate Turnover is low, as families stay in their homes for 10-30 years on average. There is a large empty-nester population who are starting to move out and allow for new young families to move in.
Score Factor 1 : Housing Characteristics
Homes in Streetsville are an interesting mix of historic homes, post war bungalows and spilt levels to more contemporary homes and large estate homes.
The Historic Village
- Historic & Heritage Homes appeal to buyers who want a unique home
- Newer builds include Executive Town Homes
- Great walking lifestyle with shops and restaurants near by
- Excellent community vibe and festivals including Bread and Honey and The Mississauga Santa Claus Parade
Creditview & Riverview (Stately Homes)
- Streetsville has many large, all-brick homes that were built in the 70’s & 80’s, in both Creditview and Riverview
- Many of these homes lie along the Credit River and have the most beautiful and private views in the city.
- These homes come at premium prices due to their location, and many still would require updates to bring them into modern day standards
Vista Heights (Post War Homes)
- Much of Streetsville was built in the 1950’s – 1970’s, and Vista Heights was a main suburb of this era.
- A good number of these homes are bungalows and don’t have basements, which is not something many people expect.
- Homes in Vista heights are popular with investors and renovators because of the good sized lots.
- More Information on Vista Heights
- Riverview and Credit View have many all-brick, stately homes that sit along the credit river, which offers privacy and a prestige view
- Many of these homes were built in the 80’s with more modern conveniences in mind
- Vista Heights offers more charm and character, where the houses are more unique and offer more land relative to the size of house
- Since Riverview and Creditview have beautiful homes with premier lots and views, the prices reflect these privileges. Homes in these areas can top $1 million, and are out of the average family’s budget. This area is for the upper middle class professional family with a good amount of equity and/or cash.
- In Vista Heights, the homes were built in the mid 1900’s, with dated floorplans and few modern amenities. Renovations would be required to update these homes, which many owners have already done.
Score Factor 2: Quality & Ranking of Schools
- Riverview & Vista Heights have access to two of the best Secondary Schools in Mississauga. Streetsville ranks in the top 15% and St. Aloysius Gonzaga ranks in the top 3% of all Ontario Secondary Schools.
- Vista Heights has the best elementary school for rankings and french immersion.
- Creditview does not have access to St. Aloysius Gonzaga, although St Joseph is a respectable school ranked in the top 25% of all Ontario Secondary Schools.
- Creditview has few elementary schools within its boundaries, which means your children might have to take the bus.
Score Factor 3: Community “Vibe” and Amenities
- Aside from Port Credit, no other area of the city can offer quiet suburban living with walking access to a vibrant downtown that Streetsville does.
- Riverview has excellent access to greenspaces, parks, and trails.
- There is a lot of pride of ownership; the curb appeal is excellent on the majority of streets and you know your neighbours will care about the upkeep of the area.
- Vista Heights is an older community, where small parks, playground, trails and green spaces were not a priority. They were not built into the the housing plan like more modern neighbourhoods.
Score Factor 4: Overall Affordability & Value
- Much like the rest of Mississauga, this areas is quickly rising in price yet also value. First time home buyers might now find it very difficult to break into the neighbourhood beyond past a small townhome. Premium areas of Streetsville have broken far past the milion dollar mark.
- The entire area offers great value, with excellent schools, access to downtown life, access to the Credit River and other parks, and easy GO Train commuting. You get a lot for the money in Streetsville, though the price tag is higher.
Disclosure Statement: Although the Information displayed is believed to be accurate, no warranties or representations are made of any kind.
Map Images and Information: All Street Views are provided by Google Maps of Google Incorporated. This website makes no claims to the ownership or accuracy of the information provided through Google Maps or the Google Corporation. Inquiries or further information about any of the streetviews linked on this website, should be directed to www.google.com and/or the Google Corporation.