Village Score 9/10
About Central Erin Mills
Central Erin Mills is the third phase of the Erin Mills Master Planned Community. Central Erin Mills Encompassess all the areas in Erin Mills north of highway 403 and includes the smaller sub neighbourhoods such as Credit Valley, Erin Meadows, Castlebridge and Credit Mills. One of the great features of Central Erin Mills is that all of these neighbourhoods were designed with curb appeal in mind, with large brick homes, well tended condo town homes, and even stately executive homes. Central Erin Mills is known for it’s excellent schools, parks and paths integrated into the community.
Central Erin Mills Real Estate Info
Real Estate in Erin Mills includes town homes, condominiums, detached family homes as well as luxury estate homes. Home Prices in central Erin Mills range from $450,000 for condo townhomes, to well over $1.5 million dollars. The price range of a detached family home in Central Erin Mills is between $700,000 to $950,000; with premium streets, larger homes and premium lots being well above that. The combination of excellent schools and location makes Central Erin Mills one of Mississauga’s most high demand areas and keeps home prices strong. On the down side, Most of Central Erin Mills is approaching the 20 year mark and some of the homes are starting to show wear and tear and poor curb appeal, which you would not expect for the price point.
Your Typical Neighbour
Central Erin Mills is very attractive to families. It is a very safe community with excellent schools and is particularly appealing to families who need to commute via the highway, as central Erin Mills is located directly north & south of the 403, which links to the 410, 401, 407, and QEW. This is for people who want large homes on quiet streets with good schools and parks, who are willing to drive to the mall and shop at all the franchise stores. If the suburban dream is what you are after, Central Erin Mills delivers in spades.
Score Factor 1 : Housing Characteristics
- Credit Mills is the prestgious enclave of executive homes in Central Erin Mills. By far the largest in the area, a “small” home starts around 2600 square feet, up to around 4000. Many have 3 car garages, and offer a show home to be proud of.
- Castlebridge is a mix of well-run and desirable condo townhomes, semi-detached and detached homes
- All of the styles of homes are predominatly brick, well constructed and offer modern amenities like ensuites, walk in closets and sometimes even upper floor laundry
- The area has matured well over the last 20 years and curb appeal is high
- Due to their age, you may find cosmetic updates are required, but well worth the effort to obtain a quality homes in a very desirable and family friendly area.
- Credit Valley is another large development of all brick, family size homes. Located south Eglinton Ave W, this is the oldest area of Central Erin Mills.
- There is also a few desireable condo townhomes complexes off The Chase rd.
- You will notice a distinct difference in curb appeal and upkeep between Credit Valley and Castlebridge even though in theory they should be the same
- Due to its location right off highway 403, demand keeps prices high
- Erin Meadows has much more high density residential homes off Eglinton and Erin Centre Boulevard. There are condo apartments being built on Eglington facing the Erin Mills Town Centre, as well as low rise condos and many townhome complexes
- Some of the detached homes offer unique architecture, with a coastal vibe of painted wood siding in blues, greens and browns. There are also many traditional all brick homes as well.
- Homes in Central Erin Mills have a lot of character with a wider variety of housing styles, and have modern amenities such as laundry, en-suites and walk-in closets
- Credit Mills is an elite community designed for the executive class; these homes are massive and make a grand impression
- Due to it’s master planned feel, the area has many cookie-cutter homes and lots tend to be small for the price point
- Some homes and streets are starting to show wear and tear, typical of homes in the 15-20 year range
- Some streets are lacking in curb appeal and general upkeep; especially those backing onto main streets like Erin Mills Parkway, Winston Churchill and Britannia Rd.
Score Factor 2: Quality & Ranking of Schools
- Central Erin Mills has access to 2 of the best high schools in Mississauga; John Fraser and St Aloysius Gonzaga. These modern schools offer excellent amenities and top ranking education.
- Aloysius Gonzaga is in the top 3% of all secondary schools in Ontario, and John Fraser is in the top 7%.
- There’s not much downside to being in a top school catchment area. Just keep in mind that many people moving into this area are moving here for the schools only, and may not give much thought to other factors that make a community great.
Score Factor 3: Community “Vibe” and Amenities
- Central Erin Mills is a true example of modern suburban living. All of the areas in Central Erin Mills are very close to Erin Mills Town Centre and the surrounding power centres, which is ideal for shopping
- Most of these areas have parks and trails integrated into the planning of the neighbourhoods, along with quiet streets and courts
- This area is right off of the 403, and minutes to the Streetsville Go Train Station, which is ideal for the commuter lifestyle
- What can be a pro can also be a HUGE con. If you aren’t interested in living in “suburbanville”, Central Erin Mills is likely not for you.
- This area is franchise heaven, there are very few boutique or independent shops, and no distinct or historic downtown area.
Score Factor 4: Overall Affordability & Value
- The most affordable area of Central Erin Mills is Castlebridge, where you can find a semi for about $600,000, but detached homes will cost from $800,000 to $950,000. Once you get into Credit Valley and Credit Mills, the majority of homes are detached, and range from $900,000 to over $1.5 million; which is not affordable for the average buyer.
- The value is very high if you are looking for quiet family living in a large home, with proximity to highways and access to excellent schools.
- If you do not require a large family home, and prefer a more lively and vibrant community, the value in this area will not be as high.
- Much of the real estate value in central Erin Mills is tied to schools, if you don’t have children then you will find more bang for your buck in other areas.
People Who Like Central Erin Mills Also Like:
Credit Point, Creditview
River Oaks, Oakville
Disclosure Statement: Although the Information displayed is believed to be accurate, no warranties or representations are made of any kind.
Map Images and Information: All Street Views are provided by Google Maps of Google Incorporated. This website makes no claims to the ownership or accuracy of the information provided through Google Maps or the Google Corporation. Inquiries or further information about any of the streetviews linked on this website, should be directed to www.google.com and/or the Google Corporation.