HOME BUYER REPORTS
Helping You Make an Informed Decision
There are many factors that can influence the value of a home, both today and in the future. In order to best serve our buyer clients, we have developed a standardized Home Buyer System to ensure you have the most accurate and timely information to buy a home for the right price, and one that you will love for years to come.
LOCAL AREA REPORTS
If there is one sentence that describes our view on real estate it’s this,
“It’s not just about a house, It’s about Your Lifestyle”
We believe that finding the right neighbourhood is just as important as finding the right home, because the quality of your community will directly impact how satisfied you are with your home, both now and in the future.
During the home search, our clients receive in-depth, essential reports on the homes and neighbourhoods that are of interest to them which include:
This includes the average sale price range, number of sales, average price growth and local area turnover.
Knowing who lives in the neighbourhood is critical to your lifestyle. This includes average income, household size and household languages spoken to name a few. The report will give the current snapshot along with the future projection of an area.
This report includes information on schools, and rankings in any area to help you make the best decision.
PROPERTY SPECIFIC REPORTS
When it comes to determining the right price to offer on a home, you will never be asked to just take our word for it. We will review, in detail, all of the comparable homes that have recently sold or are for sale so you will be able to negotiate from a position of knowledge and confidence.
Below are some of the reports that are available to our clients:
COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS PLUS
Simply comparing the home you are interested in to the last similar home that sold is not enough. Our CMA Plus consists of 3 specific due diligence checks to ensure you are armed with the most up to date information:
- Assessed Value vs. Market Value Comparison- 2 houses that visually look similar rarely are. This report takes a bird eye view and compares square footage, lot size and MPAC assessed values. Many times it shows differences that can’t be determined through MLS or by viewing the properties. This is a key report in determining true value.
- Land Registry Check- We conduct a search to ensure all of the listing information on the MLS is indeed accurate, with no glaring errors or discrepancies. We also search the registry for private sales that might not be available on the MLS system in order to provide you a complete picture.
- Local MLS- We review with you all of the comparable sold, and currently for sale properties in order to arrive at a market value range for the home you are interested in. We also look at other factors to discover any hidden trends that we may be able to capitalize on during negotiation.
Historic Sales Analysis
Not all neighbourhoods are created equal, so we think it’s crucial that buyers understand not only the value for the home they are interested in, but that of the local area in general. By comparing how the neighbourhood has appreciated over time versus the city as a whole can sometimes uncover some hidden clues that are useful in helping my clients decide whether that neighbourhood works for them both now, and in the long run.
Home Verified Report
All of our clients receive a complimentary report that is prepared by Home Verified (a third party company) on the home they are looking to buy that includes:
- Any past insurance claims
- Any record of the home being a Grow-Op or Meth Lab
- Insurance claims analysis for the neighbourhood
- Other useful local information